Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Maniacal Sightseeing

Bam, bam, bash...
who took out the trash;
someone owes someone cash.

     Crazy digital age we live in,
transactions are a rampant nonchalant necessity.

Want to sleep.
Want to sleep.
Need to sleep.

Day off tomorrow, need to do the adult stuff.
Trying to act responsible.

Little gremlin hosting a wine and cheese party in the brainpan:
     fire and battery acid pumping through the veins,
           Sleep is for the weak,
              peace is for the meek.


Jesus Christ doing crunches in Crenshaw,
how did it get this late?


Wasn't I just cooking dinner?
People needed to eat,
     lean into that paternal role in this crazy little collective you call
         home.


Easy peasy, making stir fry:
     meme-like journey to a grocery store leads to an epidemic of
fiscal irresponsibility and and untapped level
of hilarity.
Apparently someone got hard nipples thinking about ravioli....

The fuck?

Is that the sun or my neighbor's bathroom light?
I think I need to buy real shades;
     apparently a pirate flag and a Mongolian flag don't block enough light...\\


.....DA BEARS! DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS!


...how did I end up outside again? And when did it start raining?
             Still...it feels a lot nicer than the hot box of a house called home.
My foot taps along to Led Zeppelin as I hear cries from inside about
     banana bread...


...fuck.
I am alone in a house of people.

     ....I was riding on a wave when I thought this dream came true...

I am tired.
I have been tired for days.
I lay down to sleep, switch off the lamp aside my bed, close my eyes and try and drift off to the sounds of familiar shows on Netflix...

...Holy fuckmonkey,
    I'm at my desk,
        I'm the very keyboard that is typing this absurd words,
and I've no clue how.

That table at IKEA today was nice, I should have bought it...
      FUCK YOU, YOU LUNATIC! STOP SPENDING MONEY!
     OH FUCK OFF...STOP BEING PARANOID. MONEY COMES, MONEY GOES.
     Excuse me, folks... but perhaps we should discuss a bit of balance in...\

<COLLECTIVE NARRATIVE>
       GET FUCKED STRANGER!!!!!


"Hey can you hang my curtains tonight," my beloved maenad asked. Was that tonight?
    What year is it?

BEARS BEARS BEARS!

"Food is up," I groan, knowing it's not good enough to impress only me.
Is this now?



...


"Hey man, are you ok?" I stare into the darkness at the silhouette of my brother.
     Fuck, what did I do this time?
          Wait.... what day is it??

"I'm worried about you."
"I'm good, buddy." Images of self-immolation flash through my mind, countered by images of me as an octogenarian bartender in the Bahamas.
      "You know you can always...



"...go back to bartending."
    The fuck?
        Wasn't this conversation a week ago?
                   Two weeks ago?
"I just miss talking with you."


"...So doesn't the Pope," I mutter.
            ...."Excuse me sir?"

I look around and I'm at self-checkout at CVS on Harvard Avenue.




...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...

This looks like absurdity. This is what life feels like in MANIA.

     HAPPY MONDAY.


; )












No comments:

Post a Comment