Doldrums - January 21st, 2008
I am...
depressed.
The all-too-welcoming full moon
and dark sky
are not friendly to me anymore.
Instead,
as I've been told...
I'm just a bitter ass,
desperately clinging to
bullshit and bandages.
Put aside the fact
I try always to be there...
but 'nice guys finish last'
I hear
and it sinks in like
the evening's
chill.
I am...
restless.
I can't sleep anymore;
hours spent unconscious
true,
but no rest comes for
the wicked,
the damned, the dumb, or the
blue.
I want out of this limbo lifestyle...
this perpetual holding of
breath.
I want to sigh relief so strong it carries
away everyone on my back,
my heart,
my mind,
my soul.
I want to lose my shoes,
and go...
to wander aimlessly pointed until
I decide to rest.
Dreams are like malignant tumors:
unless treated, they fester and grow
then kill you.
I am waiting.
I am waiting for more puzzle pieces
to fall into place.
I am waiting to see if any of this gibberish will
make any sense to me.
I am waiting?
I am tired of waiting.
I want to kick the world in the
stomach until it coughs up blood
so I can stand, loom over it and
scream PAYBACK'S A BITCH, EH?
I feel...
skeptical.
I fear that even with a Democrat in the White House,
we're all still going
down.
Sure, great
things were done in the Great Depression,
but I hope we
can withstand our soon-to-be-great REcession;
I wish Woody Guthrie was still
alive.
I can't say I feel much more confidant
about the state of American culture;
Walmart builds upon the ruins of archaic gods.
Designer children are the next step
in human de-evolution.
I am...
bored.
Friends go when the bill comes,
and I'm desperate for something to do.
My fingers are stiff,
but my crotch is way too hot
because the heater in my apartment
sucks worse than last winter.
And I hate this goddamn weather;
boredom is fed by the fact that I hate being outdoors.
My favorite coffee shop is
full of blunt hipsters:
their self-awareness and narcissistic simplicity
is the sour cherry on top
of my faded-leather tasting
sundae.
Worse than worst...
I am still bored.
I have...
something?
A hunger of unknown
origin
is picking at me like a pack of carrion,
yet it makes less sense than this.
I need to get out of here;
Hemingway had it right with Africa...
at least you have survival to look forward to.
I am...
...
...
done...
...now.
I am...
depressed.
The all-too-welcoming full moon
and dark sky
are not friendly to me anymore.
Instead,
as I've been told...
I'm just a bitter ass,
desperately clinging to
bullshit and bandages.
Put aside the fact
I try always to be there...
but 'nice guys finish last'
I hear
and it sinks in like
the evening's
chill.
I am...
restless.
I can't sleep anymore;
hours spent unconscious
true,
but no rest comes for
the wicked,
the damned, the dumb, or the
blue.
I want out of this limbo lifestyle...
this perpetual holding of
breath.
I want to sigh relief so strong it carries
away everyone on my back,
my heart,
my mind,
my soul.
I want to lose my shoes,
and go...
to wander aimlessly pointed until
I decide to rest.
Dreams are like malignant tumors:
unless treated, they fester and grow
then kill you.
I am waiting.
I am waiting for more puzzle pieces
to fall into place.
I am waiting to see if any of this gibberish will
make any sense to me.
I am waiting?
I am tired of waiting.
I want to kick the world in the
stomach until it coughs up blood
so I can stand, loom over it and
scream PAYBACK'S A BITCH, EH?
I feel...
skeptical.
I fear that even with a Democrat in the White House,
we're all still going
down.
Sure, great
things were done in the Great Depression,
but I hope we
can withstand our soon-to-be-great REcession;
I wish Woody Guthrie was still
alive.
I can't say I feel much more confidant
about the state of American culture;
Walmart builds upon the ruins of archaic gods.
Designer children are the next step
in human de-evolution.
I am...
bored.
Friends go when the bill comes,
and I'm desperate for something to do.
My fingers are stiff,
but my crotch is way too hot
because the heater in my apartment
sucks worse than last winter.
And I hate this goddamn weather;
boredom is fed by the fact that I hate being outdoors.
My favorite coffee shop is
full of blunt hipsters:
their self-awareness and narcissistic simplicity
is the sour cherry on top
of my faded-leather tasting
sundae.
Worse than worst...
I am still bored.
I have...
something?
A hunger of unknown
origin
is picking at me like a pack of carrion,
yet it makes less sense than this.
I need to get out of here;
Hemingway had it right with Africa...
at least you have survival to look forward to.
I am...
...
...
done...
...now.
No comments:
Post a Comment